Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week in Review



So we are getting ready for Aiden's birthday party on Saturday! It has been stressful waiting for people to RSVP. We still only got 2 of HIS friends, but we did end up with 8 total so I think it will be a good party! He is pretty excited about it. He is having a completely Star Wars themed party!! Next year we are going to do things a little bit differently. I think we may just invite a few of their friends to go out instead so we don't have to worry about how many will come.

Next week we are finally getting a washer/dryer in the house!! I am SO excited. No more laundry mat!! It is the little things lol. Man I am old, to be this excited about a washer/dryer.





Earlier this week my husband and I went outside to check on the moon flowers I had planted. I think we are finally getting some buds on them. So while he was looking I went to walk down the three steps to look with him. Did I say three steps? Yeah, I only walked down two steps and fell the rest of the way because I am just so graceful. So my toes curled under one of my feet breaking a toe and spraining that ankle and ending on the textured concrete driveway below scraping my leg and foot all the way down! There i was, on the ground, crying like a little kid. Man did it hurt. I have been down for the count for a few days, well as much as I could have been anyway, but now I am back up and moving again.



It was a long three day weekend with the kids. The beginning of school is always hard. It takes them some time to get back into the swing of things. Early bedtimes, wanting to stay up later but being so very tired, homework, schedules. Not to mention they always misbehave a little bit when school first starts. It's like they are around other kids doing things and they feel the need to once again try them out as if they will get a different response from us. I know it will level out soon, it always does.



We did get to see something fun this week. My husband is a manager at his company. So they had a thing going where if his employees met their goals then they would get to throw pies at the managers. Believe it or not, this was his idea. Sure enough the employees did great and won their prize. So we got to watch as they threw pies at him and another manager. My kids even got to throw one at him. It was great lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment